Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Showmatch, Hardcore Settings!

Pikaaa and I played a handful of games tonight.  After an epic 10-9 game, we decided to play around with the 'Dangerous Powerups' mode of play that is fairly difficult to unlock.  The setting forces a player back to level 1 if they pick up the opposite powerup.  For those of you who haven't heard, this is apparently how the game was intended to be played, as it allows for 'throwing' powerups at each other, and therefore adds yet another level of complexity to this seemingly simple game.

This is a best-of-5 match (ie. first-to-3) with the aforementioned settings, otherwise using Title Rules.  I recently purchased better video capture software, so I've got sound as well as much better quality now.  Enjoy!


If you see us taking our time near powerups, remember that they can be dangerous under these settings!





[SPOILER ALERT]-----------------------------




Okay, I swear, Pikaaa beats me regularly.  In fact, he beat me 5-1 tonight.  The game was such a one-sided massacre that I elected to pick another game.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping to post about opening plays shortly.  Feel free to let me know if you have a preference as to what I post about!  Given that only a handful of people read this blog, you might be surprised just how important your input is to me.

1 comment:

  1. Man.. that 1st game was epic. I do like these short and sweet posts. Quite informative.

    ReplyDelete